Book Description from the publisher:A much-needed devotional Bible designed for a new generation of young adult men.
Combining the current writings of key young authors and pastors with a clean, accessible design, the NIV Devotional Bible for Men fills a critical gap in the Bible marketplace: a highly approachable yet spiritualty challenging Bible targeted specifically at young adult men.
This compelling new Bible speaks to the topics, challenges, and expectations that will instantly connect with men ages 18-34. It covers such critical issues as career, sexuality, leadership, pornography, relationships, financial stability, spiritual growth, substance addiction, culture, character, education, self-image and more. Each of the 260 devotions is carefully designed to ensure extensive, sustainable immersion into God's Word, leading to meaningful life impact.
Sensitive to the technologically connected, time-starved lifestyles of today, the NIV Devotional Bible for Men offers the quick impact and deep spiritual engagement that young men can't get with any other Bible.
NIV Devotional Bible for Men features include:
- 260 devotions of 600-800 words apiece
- 2 methods to engage: reading through the Bible canonically from Genesis to Revelation or topically, using the topical index
- "Leveled" Scripture engagement that allows readers to choose between 1-minute, quick topic summaries or deeper, 10-minute devotional experiences
- Devotions from young pastors and leaders such as Matt Chandler, Shane Claiborne, Craig Gross, Gabe Lyons and Jud Wilhite
- 52 "Myth Articles" state commonly accepted myths in our culture today, then refute those myths with answers from God's Word.
This is a great Bible that would make a great gift for young adult men or men whom work in a leadership position with adolescent and young men. This is a wonderful hardcover edition that is the NIV edition with "extras" interspersed throughout it. There are devotions shared by influential speakers in today's society and also "myth busters" as well. Some of the topics include buying with credit, marriage, pornography and careers. Each reading is a page or two and has it's own separate space so that it is easy to read, and just fits in nicely in the Bible.
*Thanks to the BookLook Bloggers Program for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*