Saturday, August 24, 2013

Book Review - "The Icing on the Cake"

I was so excited to get book 2 in Janice Thompson's Weddings by Design series and I enjoyed everything about this story!  "The Icing on the Cake" focuses on Scarlet, the owner of Let Them Eat Cake, a bakery on the Strand.  Scarlet is a fabulous baker and is so busy running the bakery and creating the perfect cake for the upcoming wedding of her best friend.  Scarlet is also planning a fund-raiser for her church, in a cake decorating contest, and also trying to sort out her feelings about her employee and also Bella's brother. Scarlet discovers that she really can have her cake and eat it too. 
I love Janice Thompson's books!  They are filled with real characters whom deal with everyday struggles and they are also entertaining and easy to relate to and empathize with. Also, I love the quotes that are included at the start of each chapter.  I love how Janice ties in the characters from her other series as I love reading about Bella and her family. Scarlet struggles with her body and her self-esteem, feeling likes she has to  live up to others' expectations and pleasing her family; thus leaving her stressed and living a crazy busy life, a life just like many of us are living.  I cannot wait to read book 3 in this series and  I highly recommend this series!
 
“Available August 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

No comments:

Post a Comment