Monday, March 18, 2013

.Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Growing up St. Patrick's Day to me meant Shamrock Shake season - this cup of green shake deliciousness was a highlight of this time of year for me! 



 I do enjoy them and look forward to a shake every March.  But now it is also dressing my kids in cute little clothes for the holiday and making special treats as well as burning my Yankee Candle Lucky Shamrock candle.

This year thanks to Pinterest, we tried two recipes that were hits!


The first recipe we tried were "Lucky Charms Treats" - rice krispie treats, instead of being made with rice krispie cereal, it uses lucky charms cereal. My kids had a great time making them and trying them! I found the recipe on Pinterest on this lady's blog found here (really cute blog - I can't wait to have the time to check out more of her posts!)! We doubled the recipe and made them in a 13x9 pan.







 The second recipe once again had Lucky Charms cereal in it!  This recipe I found through Pinterest and on a different, yet just as great a blog!  You can find the recipe here!

These are so delicious!!!  The actual cupcake has cereal in it (not the marshmallows from the cereal though) and sour cream.  The frosting is great (of course it's frosting!) and is made with marshmallow fluff!

 

St. Patrick's Day is over for another year now, but they are delicious and hey they would look great for a Springtime treat if you don't want to wait a year! Hope you have as much fun making them as we did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment