Saturday, September 10, 2011

.Fall Favorites.

Fall. Autumn. Whichever name you use for this time of year, it is my favorite season. I love the scents of fall, the colors of fall, the feel of fall, the sound of fall. The color of changing leaves, leaves falling and swirling through the air, the sound of walking through leaves on the ground. The crisp feel to the air, wearing sweaters. Sipping on hot apple cider, the aroma of the cider. Picking apples. Picking pumpkins.

I have recently decorated my home for fall. I have looked forward to this time all year! I had new things to decorate with and more space to decorate this year! Late winter/early spring I ordered an accessory collection from Yankee Candle - Cornucopia Crackle. Beautiful. I have had these pieces packed away since then and have just been waiting to get them out. Finally that time arrived. I have an Autumn Wreath jar candle with this shade and plate, that is a favorite Yankee Candle scent of mine.






This piece is my favorite of the collection. I have one on each end of the mantle above the fireplace and two placed on the dining room table, there are just beautiful.



I also "discovered" two new favorite scents this year at Yankee Candle. I love the apple scents - Apple Cider, Apple Pie, Macintosh, Granny Smith. But I was in the store and feel in love with two more fall scents - Farmer's Market and Be Thankful. The candles smell just like fall. And the pictures on the candles are so nice too. These two scents are a must to go with my fall decor.

These two scents are being displayed with some of the Scarecrow Hill pieces from Yankee Candle. I have never used a tart warmer before, but I just could not resist this piece of this collection! I have tried it and love it!

As soon as I saw the Nature's Crackle collection this year in the store, I knew I had to get the shade and plate for my mom. It is a perfect portrayal of fall.

Hobby Lobby and Kirkland's have had beautiful fall decor pieces this season and on sale already which makes them even better! My house is ready for fall and all the favorites that come with fall. I am ready to savor each and every moment of fall with my family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristie,

    I couldn't agree more about both the tart warmer and the Cornucopia Crackle. I gave my wife the tart warmer with two matching scarecrow votive holders last fall (2011) and she loves them.

    I began selling Yankee candles and accessories on ebay about 5 years ago when chronic nerve pain in my back made even part-time work impossible. I had been a full time pastor and then went to part-time teaching at a nearby university as the problems with my back escalated. When the latter became impossible my pain doctor wisely told me to find something to keep my mind focused on or it would make my pain worse. I have met the nicest people and really enjoyed finding great deals on Yankee products and passing them along through ebay. It is more of a ministry than a business, since it isn't a profit driven activity. If I can ever help you find something you are looing for please let me know: jimliz.lyons@gmail.com (can you guess what my and my wife's names are? hehehe). I have the candles you mentioned above for just $16 if you want them this fall. Blessings, Jim

    ReplyDelete