Friday, January 2, 2009

Book Review - For these Tough Times

I have just read Max Lucado’s “For these Tough Times.” I have not read any other books by this author, but I will read others by him in the future. Lucado’s conversational tone makes this an easy read and also a must read for everyone. I would recommended for anyone who has questioned, “why me?” or “how can God allow this to happen?” or really for anyone as everyone experiences loss in his or her life. Using scenarios and verses from the Bible, Lucado delivers explanations and hope for the readers. The section that I found to be the most beneficial is the chapter focusing on listening to God. Lucado shares that during times of hurting we seek answers and talk with counselors, pastors, anyone who will listen. However, we just need to take a break from talking and listen to God and seek answers and reassurance from Him. The book ends focusing on the power of prayer which in my opinion cannot be taken too lightly especially in the world that we live in today. Anyone seeking for hope, comfort or just looking for an inspirational read should check this book out!

No comments:

Post a Comment